7. Temporary Event Notices
A Temporary Event Notice, (referred to as a TEN), is required where licensable activities are planned to take place at a premises that is not covered by a Premises Licence.
In addition to this, a TEN may also be used to cover a premises that is licensed, but the licence does not cover the times or activities proposed.
You must be aged 18 years or over to apply for a Temporary Events Notice
There are certain limits and restrictions placed on TENs:
- The number of people covered by a TEN (at any one time) cannot exceed 499 – this includes all staff members, performers etc.
- A TEN can be used to cover an event lasting no more than 168 hours (7 days).
- There must be a minimum of 24 hours between events at the same premises.
- Only 20 TENs per calendar year can be given in respect of the same premises, or 26 days, whichever is reached first
- Anyone who does not hold a Personal Licence may give 5 TENs per calendar year (two of these may be Late TENs)
- Anyone who does hold a Personal Licence may give 50 TENs per calendar year (10 of these may be Late TENs)
For full guidance on TEN applications including how to apply and the process, please read our guidance document.