Appeals | Short breaks | Oldham Council

6. Appeals

If you are unhappy with the decision made at a Specialist Short Break Panel, you can appeal.

This is the process:

  • You'll need to contact your social worker who will arrange for your case to be resubmitted.
  • You'll just need to explain why you are unhappy with the decision, and include any information which needs to be considered.
  • If you remain unhappy with the decision following the appeal, you can follow the usual complaints procedure (Children's Social Care) whereby a further investigation will take place.