4. Available support
There are a number of options regarding support following an assessment by a social worker or short breaks worker and these may include;
- day-time care in the child young person’s home or elsewhere,
- overnight care in the child or young person’s home or elsewhere,
- services available to assist carers in the evenings, at weekends and during the school holidays.
- There are services to help with personal care task.
- There are services that can offer short breaks.
- There is a residential short breaks unit.
- There are personal budget options.