4. Available support
There are a number of options regarding support following an assessment by a social worker or short breaks worker and these may include;
- Day-time personal care in the child young person’s home or elsewhere,
- Overnight personal care in the child or young person’s home or elsewhere,
- Community based short break activities, assisted by a personal assistant.
- Targeted services that will be signposted by the assessor.
- There are services to help with personal care task
- There are services that can offer short breaks
- There is a residential short breaks unit
- There are personal budget options.