Coronavirus update: complaints
Please note that if you are contacting the council to request a service, such as the collection of waste or highways maintenance, you will need to contact the relevant department directly.
You can submit a service request to many council departments online using the Report a Problem page of the website.
The complaints team offers a predominantly online service and complaints should be submitted using the online form
If you wish to submit any supporting documentation, this can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
For vulnerable adults, children or young people whose circumstances or abilities mean they are unable to access the online form, we are currently operating an answerphone service. This can be accessed by calling 0161 770 8122 and leaving a short message.
The team aims to return calls within 2 working days. We do ask for cooperation in ensuring that this service is only used by those vulnerable customers who are unable to use the online service.
Please note that the impact of COVID-19 is currently affecting our response times to complaints; in particular, complaints regarding our adult social care services. The Council will do its utmost to respond to all complaints as quickly as possible and would like to thank residents for their patience at this time
Oldham Council is committed to providing consistently high quality services, and although the majority of the time our services are provided to very high standards, occasionally things do go wrong.
We welcome feedback from our customers and complaints are a valuable source of information to help us to:
- Continuously improve the standard of services
- Understand when things have gone particularly well
- Put things right when they have gone wrong
- Learn from mistakes
Examples of feedback or a complaint could include:
- Comment - any suggestion that will help to shape and improve our services
- Compliment - where our staff, services, policies and procedures have exceeded your expectations
- Complaint - when you are concerned or dissatisfied with a service we provide or our polices and procedures do not meet your expectations
The council treat all complaints very seriously and they are recorded and reported on.