Emergency telephone numbers in Oldham
- Social Services (out of hours): 0161 770 6936
- Homelessness (out of hours): 0800 988 7061
- Police General Switchboard (24 hours): 101
- Police emergencies (24 hours): 999
Drop-in centres in Oldham
The Salvation Army
Drop-in centre for homeless people every Friday 10am - 1pm.
203 Roundthorn Road
- Free drinks and snacks
- Newspapers and board games
- A listening ear and someone to talk to
- Housing related advice
- Accept referrals for food parcels from outside agencies
Christchurch Church Hall
Drop-in centre for homeless people every Monday (apart from Bank Holidays) 1.00pm - 2.30pm.
(corner of Block Lane and Oxford Street)
- Free soup and sandwich
- Advice and support available
- ‘Food Store’ open Wednesday from 10.00am – 12.00pm (food parcels are given out to anyone who is homeless, or on benefits and engaged with drug/alcohol/mental health agencies)
The Welcome Centre
Drop-in centre 10.30am - 12noon every day (except Tuesday and Sunday).
St Aidan & Oswald RC Church
Phone: 0161 624 1322
- Free meals
- Can provide clothing
Failsworth Salvation Army Community Church
Not specifically aimed at homeless people (like the one at Roundthorn Road) but anyone who would otherwise be alone.
572 Oldham Road
Phone: 0161 682 0070
- Sometimes able to provide food parcels
- Café on Mondays from 12noon and often provide meals free of charge to people who are in need
The Welcome Project
A destitution project every Thursday 1.00pm - 3.00pm aimed at failed asylum seekers/asylum seekers awaiting benefits.
Oldham Baptist Church
Phone: 0161 624 1214
- Provide food parcels, bus fares, clothing and blankets
- A place to socialise and meet others
- Asylum seekers are required to show their paperwork
Emergency food for local people in crisis. Care professionals such as doctors, health visitors, social workers, CAB and police identify people in crisis and issue them with a foodbank voucher.
Foodbank clients bring their voucher to a foodbank centre where it can be redeemed for three days emergency food. Volunteers meet clients over a cup of tea or free hot meal and are able to signpost people to agencies able to solve the longer-term problem. Open Tuesday to Thursday 11am – 2pm. Friday 11am – 4pm.
The Three crowns
1-3 Manchester Street
Phone: 0161 622 1061
Oldham Foodbank website - http://oldham.foodbank.org.uk
2 satellite Food Banks operate on a Monday between 11am – 2pm at South Chadderton Methodist Church, Thompson Lane, Chadderton OL9 8LX and Salvation Army, Shaw, OL2 8QY.
The Ancora Project aims to provide immediate help and ongoing support to the people of Oldham who are experiencing crisis.
People can access support by presenting at any of the hubs in person or by contacting Ancora by email or phone and arrange a meeting.
For information on the times and locations of the Hubs, please view the latest rota:
KeyRing website http://www.keyring.org/what-we-do/the-ancora-project
Phone: 0161 669 5868
Provide support around food aid, advice and signposting.
72 Yorkshire Street
Phone: 0161 660 6818
UKeff website http://www.ukeff.org/
Supporting families in need, the homeless and vulnerable. Provides weekly advice, hot meals and food parcels. Monday 12 – 2pm. Also hosts the One World Café where some people pay extra so that a homeless person can have a free meal.
The Unitarian Chapel
Connaught Street (off King Street roundabout)
Breakfast every Saturday 10am – 2pm. Free to the Homeless or anyone struggling financially.
Elim Foursquare Church
182 Greenacres Road
Impact Community Church Foodshare Project
Provide food parcels and furniture via self-referral. Monday 9:30am-1pm.
The Old Bank
358 Manchester Road
FareShare Community Café
Provides meals and food parcels for Homeless people and those struggling financially. Every Tuesday 11am-1pm.
Chadderton Community Church
East Oldham Methodist Church
28 Ripponden Road
Drop-in centres in Rochdale
Petrus Day Centre
73 Great George Street
Phone: 01706 526289
Drop-in centre/signposting service for homeless and other vulnerable people.
Open 9am – 4pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (Wednesday 9am – 1pm).
- Free breakfast from 9 - 9.30am Monday and Thursday, 9 - 9:45am Tuesday and Friday
- Self referral
- Support and advice available plus use of office phone
- Laundry facilities, shower/bath, clothing vouchers and furniture vouchers available
- Emergency support provided (food/clothes)
Drop-in centres in and around Manchester
The Booth Centre
Drop in Monday to Thursday, 9am - 12noon.
Drop in Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 9 - 10am.
The Booth Centre
Phone: 0161 835 2499
- Free hot drinks and sandwiches
- Advice available
- Open door policy - anyone is welcome to attend
- The Centre’s garden is open 9 – 10am Monday to Friday
Young Person’s Support Foundation – Manchester City Centre Project
Resource centre for young people aged 16 - 25.
52 Oldham Street
Phone: 0161 228 7655 or 228 7654
- Morning drop-in Monday - Friday 10am - 12noon
- Afternoon drop-in everyday (except Wednesday) 1.30pm - 3pm
- Free breakfast, access to showers, essential toiletries provided
Lifeshare Weekend Breakfast Project
Breakfast Club every Saturday and Sunday from 7 – 9am
Free cooked breakfasts and food parcels available throughout the year.
Charter Street Mission
142 Dantzic Street
Phone: 0161 235 0744
Lifeshare Streetwork & Outreach Project
- Help people sleeping rough to access emergency accommodation and link into other services
- Support anybody at risk of homelessness or exploitation
- Provide food parcels
1st Floor, 27 Houldsworth Street
Phone: 0161 235 0744
Manchester City Mission
Drop-in centre Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm.
Windsor Drop-In Centre
Phone: 0161 737 8775
Manchester City Mission website - www.manchestercitymission.org.uk/home-4/
- Toilets, showers, and laundry facilities
- Access to doctor, dentist, nurse, and hairdresser can be arranged at the drop-in sessions
- Subsidised breakfast and lunches
Cornerstone Day Centre
Drop-in 10.30am - 4pm Monday to Friday.
104 Denmark Road
Phone: 0161 232 8888
- Free tea, coffee and toast in the morning/soup and bread in the afternoon
- Cheap meals, free showers, and clothing
- Laundry facilities
- Benefits and housing advice
- Computer room/telephone
- Vision care on Mondays - free eye tests and prescription glasses
Cornerstone website - http://cornerstonecds.org.uk/
Food Service Daily drop-in 11.30am - 2pm.
Evening drop-in Monday to Thursday 6.30 - 8pm.
Phone: 0161 477 6344
- Free meals and showers. Nurse drop-ins, hairdresser/barber, access to Drug and Alcohol Services
- Benefits and housing advice
Wellspring website - https://www.thewellspring.co.uk/
Soup runs take place every evening in Manchester City Centre (on Store Street, behind Piccadilly Train Station) at approximately 8pm.
Winter shelters in Manchester
The Boaz Trust
Provide winter shelters for up to 12 destitute, male asylum seekers at a variety of church locations across Manchester. Access to shared houses.
People are taken on a ‘referral only’ basis.
First Floor, 110 Oldham Road
Phone: 0161 202 1056