The Household Support Fund is a grant provided by the Department for Work and Pensions to help low-income households experiencing financial hardship.
Further funding has been agreed for 1 April 2023 to 31 March 2024 and this is being used to help vulnerable people and families.
Here is the support we are providing:
- Food vouchers for children and young people. £15 for the spring holiday, £60 for the summer holiday and £40 per eligible child for the Christmas and Easter holidays.
- Payment of £60 to carers in receipt of Council Tax Reduction to help with fuel costs.
- Payment of £60 to disabled residents in receipt of Council Tax Reduction to help with fuel costs.
- Payment of £60 to Housing Benefit claimants not in receipt of Council Tax Reduction to help with fuel costs.
Everyone who is eligible for a voucher or payment will receive them automatically, there is no need to apply.
We aim to make the payments to help with fuel costs in December 2023.
The Household Support Fund also provides fuel vouchers for those in emergency need and the provision of a boiler repair service.
Contact our Warm Homes Team to apply for this help:
We are working with Action Together and other voluntary, community, faith and social enterprise partners to provide support in the following areas:
- warm clothing and bedding
- support for those who are struggling but aren't eligible for benefits
- essential items for the elderly including food
- additional funding for Age UK to support older people in emergency need
The funding will also be used to provide:
- Additional support for the Holiday Activity Fund
- Additional support for the Local Welfare Provision Scheme
- Homelessness support
- Other emergency food vouchers
We can help
This is a tough time for many in Oldham.
The rising cost of basic goods, including food and bills, aren't problems you have to face alone.
Oldham partners are working together to offer residents and families a little more help.
If you need help, contact our Helpline on 0161 770 7007 (9am – 5pm on weekdays).