Warm Homes Oldham
Our main scheme for supporting households to reduce their energy bills and stay warm in winter is Warm Homes Oldham.
You can contact our team who will assess your situation and offer you:
- Advice on how to reduce energy use around the home and use heating controls effectively
- Help with switching energy supplier or tariff and registering on the Extra Care Register
- Small energy saving measures (like draught-proofing, LED light bulbs and reflective radiator foils)
- Oil filled radiators in an emergency no heat situation.
Schemes we can refer you to which will not accept an application from you direct:
- BBC Children in Need Emergency Essentials for furniture and white goods
- Evouchers for fuel vouchers for electricity or gas
- Food Bank Oldham for food parcels
We can provide schemes that will accept an application from you, but applying through us will mean that you “may” not have to pay anything, subject to meeting qualifying criteria.
- Age UK Oldham for furniture, minor adaptations and repairs
- GMCA ECO4 scheme helping low-income and vulnerable households, to access free energy efficiency measures that could lower energy bills.
Sharing your information
You can contact Warm Homes Oldham on:
- Freephone: 0800 019 1084
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember to ask to see an ID badge before letting anyone into your home and, if you have any concerns, please phone us on 0161 770 4798 before letting them in.
Energy Company Obligation Scheme
The Energy Company Obligation (ECO), first introduced in 2013, is an energy efficiency scheme that places legal obligations on energy suppliers to deliver energy efficiency measures to domestic premises.
The fourth wave of the scheme (ECO4) covers the period from 27 July 2022 to 31 March 2026.
We have a number of Warm Banks available across our local libraries and community centres that you can visit to keep warm at no cost.
Energy Price Guarantee
The Energy Price Guarantee protects customers from increases in energy costs by limiting the amount suppliers can charge.
Energy Bills Support Scheme
The Energy Bills Support Scheme provides a £400 non-repayable discount to eligible households to help with their energy bills over winter 2022 to 2023.
- Getting the Energy Bills Support Scheme discount - GOV.UK website
Winter Fuel Payment
If you were born before 26 September 1956 you could get between £250 and £600 to help you pay your heating bills.
- Winter Fuel Payment - GOV.UK website
Cold Weather Payment
You may get a Cold Weather Payment if you’re getting certain benefits or Support for Mortgage Interest.
- Cold Weather Payment - GOV.UK website
Help for households
Government help, advice and support with the cost of living crisis.
- Help for households - GOV.UK website
Help paying your water bill
Help and support to pay your water bill:
- Difficulty paying your bill? - United Untilities website
Extra Care Register
Help and advice on saving energy, information on powercuts and support if you have reached your state pension age, are disabled or have a long-term medical condition.
- Extra Care Register - Electricity North West website.
Save money on your energy bills
Practical things you can do to reduce ypur energy bills.