Help to heat your home | Help to heat your home | Oldham Council

Warm Homes Oldham

Our main scheme for supporting households to reduce their energy bills and stay warm in winter is Warm Homes Oldham.

You can contact our team who will assess your situation and offer you:

  • Advice on how to reduce energy use around the home and use heating controls effectively
  • Help with switching energy supplier or tariff, claiming the Warm Homes Discount and registering on the Extra Care Register
  • Small energy saving measures (like draught-proofing, LED light bulbs and reflective radiator foils)
  • Oil filled radiators in an emergency no heat situation.


Warm Homes Registration Form

Schemes we can refer you to which will not accept an application from you direct:

Schemes which will accept an application from you, but applying through us will mean that you do not have to pay anything:

  • Age UK Oldham for furniture, minor adaptations and repairs 
  • E.ON Energy Solutions for free broken or faulty gas boiler replacements, cavity wall insulation and loft insulation (subject to eligibility and survey)

Sharing your information


You can contact Warm Homes Oldham on:

Remember to ask to see an ID badge before letting anyone into your home and, if you have any concerns, please phone us on 0161 770 4798 before letting them in. 

Warm Banks

We have a number of Warm Banks available across our local libraries and community centres that you can visit to keep warm at no cost.

Energy Price Guarantee

The Energy Price Guarantee protects customers from increases in energy costs by limiting the amount suppliers can charge.

Energy Bills Support Scheme

The Energy Bills Support Scheme provides a £400 non-repayable discount to eligible households to help with their energy bills over winter 2022 to 2023.

Winter Fuel Payment

If you were born before 26 September 1956 you could get between £250 and £600 to help you pay your heating bills.

Cold Weather Payment

You may get a Cold Weather Payment if you’re getting certain benefits or Support for Mortgage Interest.

Help for households

Government help, advice and support with the cost of living crisis.

Help paying your water bill

Help and support to pay your water bill:

Extra Care Register

Help and advice on saving energy, information on powercuts and support if you have reached your state pension age, are disabled or have a long-term medical condition.

Save money on your energy bills

Practical things you can do to reduce ypur energy bills.