Our main scheme for supporting households to reduce their energy bills and stay warm in winter is Warm Homes Oldham.
Warm Homes Oldham
You can contact our team who will assess your situation and offer you:
- Advice on how to reduce energy use around the home and use heating controls effectively
- Help with switching energy supplier or tariff, claiming the Warm Homes Discount and registering on the Priority Services Register
- Small energy saving measures (like draught-proofing, LED light bulbs and reflective radiator foils)
- Oil filled radiators in an emergency no heat situation.
Schemes we can refer you to (which will not accept an application from you direct):
- Auriga Services for emergency credit vouchers for electricity or gas and support with maximising income, claiming benefit entitlements, getting out of energy or water debt and making trust fund applications
- BBC Children in Need Emergency Essentials for furniture and white goods
- Food Bank Oldham for food parcels
Schemes we can refer you to (which will accept an application from you direct, but applying through us will mean that you do not have to pay anything):
- Age UK Oldham for furniture, minor adaptations and repairs
- E.ON Energy Solutions for free broken or faulty gas boiler replacements, cavity wall insulation and loft insulation (subject to eligibility and survey)
Schemes we can refer you to (which will accept an application from you direct):
- Citizens Advice Oldham for free, confidential advice
- Cold Weather Payment - GOV.UK website. For certain groups of people in an area where a period of 'exceptionally cold weather' has occurred or been forecast to occur. You receive £25.00 for any qualifying week.
- Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service for a fire safety check and smoke alarms
- Greater Manchester Green Homes Grant Local Authority Delivery Scheme
- Local Welfare Provision Oldham for help to meet short term emergency / immediate support needs or establish / maintain a home in the community
- Simple Energy Advice for impartial and independent advice to help you reduce your energy bills, make your home warmer, plan home improvements, and make your home greener
- Social Prescribing Oldham for health and wellbeing services
- United Utilities for help with water bills
- Warm Home Discount Scheme – GOV.UK website. This is a £140 rebate off electricity bills, which is offered to certain groups of people by the energy companies.
- Winter Fuel Payment - GOV.UK website. A tax-free annual benefit of between £100 and £300 for those born on or before 5 October 1954
You can apply yourself or make a referral for someone else:
Remember to ask to see an ID badge before letting anyone into your home and, if you have any concerns, please phone us on 0161 770 4798 before letting them in.
Sharing your information
You can contact Warm Homes Oldham on:
- Freephone: 0800 019 1084
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org