2. Free prescriptions for 16 - 25 year olds
If you are a care leaver living in Oldham you can now have a free prescription cetrtificate so that you do not need to pay for items prescribed by your doctor.
You do not need to pay for prescriptions if you:
- are 16 to 18 and in full-time education
- are pregnant or have had a baby in the previous 12 months and have a valid maternity exemption certificate (MatEx)
- have a specified medical condition and have a valid medical exemption certificate (MedEx)
Or if you are receiving the benefits below:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
Free prescription certificate
If you are a care leaver and do pay for your prescriptions, you can get a yearly certificate for free prescriptions if:
- You are registered with a doctor in Oldham.
- You are a care leaver and eligible to receive a leaving care service from your originating local authority.
- You are under 25 years old.
- You are not already exempt from prescription charges.
If you have any questions about free prescriptions please contact the Safeguarding Team on:
- Email: OLDCCG.email@example.com
- Phone: 0161 622 6438