Report a problem dog

Dangerous dog issues are a police matter, and should be reported to Greater Manchester Police

Stray Dogs

Stray dogs should be reported to the Council's Dog Control contractor, Animal Wardens Ltd on 0161 334 0042
If the Council's contractor collects a secure, stray dog and the owner can't be traced, the dog will be kept in boarding kennels at the owner's expense.

If the dog is not collected within seven days, the owner will lose the right to reclaim it, and it could be re-homed.

If your dog is collected you will be charged £25 plus any kennel costs before it is returned. As it is an offence to allow a dog to stray, owners of persistently straying dogs may be prosecuted.

Every dog must wear a collar with the name and address of its owner attached to it whilst out on a public highway.
Having the correct identification means that if your dog strays, it can be returned to you quickly.

Barking dogs

You can make a noise complaint about barking dogs.

Dog fouling

To maintain a clean and safe environment, it is crucial to take responsibility for cleaning up after your dog.