If you are finding it difficult to pay your Council Tax please contact us.
We will always try to come to a reasonable payment ar rangement.
Please don’t wait for a reminder or a summons before you get in touch.
We can consider looking at:
- Increasing your instalments from 10 to 12 per year
- Making a new payment arrangement
- Whether you are entitled to Council Tax reduction
- Whether you are entitled to a Council Tax discount or exemption
The earlier you contact us the more help we will be able to provide.
What should I do before contacting?
Before you get in touch, you should try to work out how much you can offer to pay us by listing all your income and expenditure.
For free independent money and debt advice you can contact any of the following organisations for help and support:
- StepChange Debt Charity providing free advice when dealing with problem debts
- Citizens Advice Bureau for help with budgeting and managing your money. Oldham CAB also provide face to face support within the borough
- Money Advice Service A Government service providing free and impartial money advice
- National Debt line free confidential and independent advice on how to deal with debt problems.
- MoneyAware providing advice and information to help people from falling into problem debt.
For further advice on manging your money, you can visit our making the most of your money page.