We know that this is a difficult time for many of our residents and that the coronavirus is having a significant impact on the economy.
Your Council Tax pays for essential services in Oldham including Social Care. If your circumstances have not changed, it is really important that you continue to make the payments as set out on your bill.
Struggling to pay your Council Tax
If you are struggling to pay your Council Tax, we strongly encourage you to contact us as soon as possible so that we can discuss payment arrangements and ensure you are getting all the benefits, discounts, exemptions you are entitled to.
Please contact us via email to see how we can help you:
Make sure that you have claimed all the benefits that you are entitled to.
Special payment plans can be agreed on request.
Exceptional Hardship Payments
The Exceptional Hardship Payments scheme is available to help those experiencing severe financial hardship in paying their Council Tax:
For free independent money and debt advice you can contact any of the following organisations for help and support:
- StepChange Debt Charity providing free advice when dealing with problem debts
- Citizens Advice for help with budgeting and managing your money. Oldham CAB also provide face to face support within the borough
- Money Advice Service A Government service providing free and impartial money advice
- National Debt line free confidential and independent advice on how to deal with debt problems
- MoneyAware providing advice and information to help people from falling into problem debt
For further advice on managing your money, you can visit making the most of your money