You may be eligible for help to pay your Council Tax if you are on a low income.

Apply for Council Tax Reduction

You can use the online form to calculate what you may be entitled to and make a claim.

The first part of the form calculates an amount that you may be eligible to receive. You can then continue to make a claim. 

You may also need to provide original documents as proof of your identification, national insurance number, income, and savings. 

You only need to complete this form if:

  • You have never claimed Council Tax Reduction before in Oldham
  • You do not already receive Council Tax Reduction in Oldham 

If your Council Tax Reduction claim is currently suspended please complete the change of circumstances form.


To qualify, you must be:

  • On a low income
  • Responsible for paying Council Tax

Anyone can make a claim, but if your income or savings are more than £16,000 you may not be eligible.

If you are entitled to Universal Credit and are liable to pay Council Tax, you may be eligible for Council Tax Reduction.

Oldham Council is responsible for awarding Council Tax Reduction and you must claim this separately from Universal Credit.