If you are struggling to pay your Council Tax, please contact us as soon as possible so we can discuss payment arrangements and ensure you are getting all the benefits, discounts, exemptions you are entitled to.

  • Call us on 0161 770 4949.


Make sure that you have claimed all the benefits that you are entitled to.

Payment plans

Special payment plans can be agreed on request.


If your Council Tax account falls into arrears, we may contact you by email or by text message.

If you receive an email or text message with a link for more details, you will be required to enter your postcode to verify your identity.

If you are concerned about whether an email or text message you have received regarding your Council Tax account is genuine, please call us on 0161 770 4949.

Exceptional Hardship Payments

The Exceptional Hardship Payments scheme is available to help those experiencing severe financial hardship in paying their Council Tax:

Independent advice

For free independent money and debt advice you can contact any of the following organisations for help and support:

  • StepChange Debt Charity providing free advice when dealing with problem debts
  • Citizens Advice for help with budgeting and managing your money. Oldham CAB also provide face to face support within the borough
  • Money Advice Service A Government service providing free and impartial money advice
  • National Debt line free confidential and independent advice on how to deal with debt problems
  • MoneyAware providing advice and information to help people from falling into problem debt

For further advice on managing your money, you can visit help with benefits and money