3. I have mounting debt

There is help and advice on how to budget for and address mounting debts, such as:

  • Rent, Council Tax, gas or electricity arrears
  • Payday loans or owing friends and family
  • Benefit repayments

Energy advice:

If you’re struggling to pay your energy bills you may be able to get support to reduce your bills, apply for a warm home discount, or access other grants.

Discretionary Housing Payment:

Payments may be awarded if you are struggling to pay your rent and do not already receive full housing benefit.

You must already be in receipt of some Housing Benefit, or the housing element of Universal Credit.

Paying your Council Tax

You may be eligible for help to pay your Council Tax if you are on a low income, live alone or have a disabillity:

Who can help you with these problems?

Citizens Advice

  • Phone: 08082 787803

Christians Against Poverty

  • Phone: 0800 328 0006