My Account routine maintenance

The "My Account” system will be undergoing routine maintenance on Thursday 24 May between 7am and 5pm. This means that some services will be unavailable during this time.

Affected services

Housing Benefit or Universal Credit

If your household has a low income then you may be able to claim benefits to help pay your rent.

There are 2 types of benefit; Housing Benefit or Universal Credit.

Answer some simple questions to see which you should apply for:

Are you, or is someone in your household, of state pension age?

YES, go to Housing Benefit
NO, go to next question

Do you live in supported accommodation?

YES: You could be eligible for Housing Benefit
NO: Go to next question

Are you currently receiving Universal Credit?

YES: Rent charges should be included in your Universal Credit. If they are not included you will need to contact the Universal Credit Service to discuss the details of your award.
NO: Go to next question

Do you live with three or more children that you or your partner are responsible for?

YES, go to Housing Benefit You may also be entitled to tax credits
NO, go to next question

Are you already getting Housing Benefit and have moved to a new address?

YES, go Housing Benefit
NO, You may be eligible for Universal Credit