Venue notesFREE parking is available on the public car park on Peel Street.
Contact phone0161 503 1551
AgeParents and carers of children and young people from 0 to 25 years old
Opening timesOffice hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm. The workshops are flexible to meet the needs of parents/carers and are available both during the day and in the evening.
Cost detailsThe service is FREE to parents and carers.
Oldham’s SEND Workshops & Training Service is the latest service to be operated by POINT. The service currently provides FREE support to parents and carers in the form of workshops & training. The offer of support includes:
Autism Spectrum Disorder Post-Diagnosis Workshops – FREE workshops and peer support to parents and carers of children and young people (aged 0-16 years) with a diagnosis of ASD.
Self-Support Pathway Workshops – FREE workshops and peer support for parents and carers of children between the ages of 4 and 12 years who are on, or have been on, an assessment pathway of their social communication need.
- A rolling programme of themed training workshops which aim to inform and equip parents and carers with a better understanding of their children’s needs, and strategies to help support their children’s areas of difficulty.
- Information marketplace events designed to enable parents and carers to quickly and easily access information and advice from a range of services and providers.
- One-to-one follow up sessions offered where needed, following attendance at workshops, to further support parents and carers develop their understanding.
- Signposting to other appropriate support services.
- Support and advice from service co-ordinators in person, over the phone, or via email.
Please visit our website for more information on the workshops available and how they can support you.
Referral detailsPlease visit our website for referral details for the different workshops.
- 16 - 25 years old
- Adults over 18