Venue notesFREE parking is available on the public car park on Peel Street.
Contact phone0161 503 1551
AgeParents and carers of children and young people 0-25 years
Opening timesOffice hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm. The workshops are flexible to meet the needs of parents/carers and are available both during the day and in the evening.
Cost detailsThe service is FREE to parents and carers.
Oldham’s SEND Workshops & Training Service is the latest service to be operated by POINT. The service currently provides FREE support to parents and carers in the form of workshops & training. The offer of support includes:
Autism Spectrum Disorder Post-Diagnosis Workshops – FREE workshops and peer support to parents and carers of children and young people (aged 0-16 years) with a diagnosis of ASD.
Self-Support Pathway Workshops – FREE workshops and peer support for parents and carers of children between the ages of 4 and 12 years who are on, or have been on, an assessment pathway of their social communication need.
- A rolling programme of themed training workshops which aim to inform and equip parents and carers with a better understanding of their children’s needs, and strategies to help support their children’s areas of difficulty.
- Information marketplace events designed to enable parents and carers to quickly and easily access information and advice from a range of services and providers.
- One-to-one follow up sessions offered where needed, following attendance at workshops, to further support parents and carers develop their understanding.
- Signposting to other appropriate support services.
- Support and advice from service co-ordinators in person, over the phone, or via email.
Please visit our website for more information on the workshops available and how they can support you.