Referral detailsTo make a referral, contact the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH): email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact phone0161 770 4786
AgeOver 18 Any age for Visual Impairment Rehabilitation
Opening timesDrop-in Fridays 9.30-13.30. (Currently not operating due to Coronavirus)
Referrals can be made by individuals, professionals, family or friends, with the person's consent. General VI Information/advice can be given without referral.
The team is currently working from home, only doing urgent/essential visits, with appropriate PPE.
Phone messages are checked daily and calls returned asap.
Service runs Monday - Friday
We offer support and information about issues related to visual impairment, such as:
• Emotional Support
• Independence skills: Daily living, Mobility, Communication, Technology
• Equipment advice
Support for family and friends
• Signposting and Links to advocates or counsellors, specialist resources, organisations and groups
• Getting involved in the community
• Advice on welfare benefits, grants etc.
• Assistance with education, employment or voluntary work
• Help with care support, including PAs.
How does it work?
After being referred to the Sensory Team, an assessment is made to identify needs and, if eligible for the service, the team works to arrange appropriate support.
Who is it for?
• Be living in Oldham
• 18 years or older for social care support
• Any age for rehabilitation
• Experiencing sight loss (temporary or permanent)
People do not have to be registered blind or partially sighted to receive a service.
Friday Duty Drop in: 9:30am - 13:30pm (Not operating at present)