The Warm Homes Oldham scheme is an award winning free service for Oldham residents, providing advice, support and energy saving measures to residents that are struggling to pay their energy bills and to heat their homes.
It was set up by Oldham Council, NHS Oldham CCG and Oldham Housing Investment Partnership (OHIP) in 2013.
In the last 5 years the scheme has achieved the following:
- Helped 5785 people stay warm and well in their homes
- Brought in over £3.7 million of external grant funding to Oldham for energy efficiency improvements
- Installed 1177 boilers, 257 external wall insulation installs, 574 cavities & lofts- for free
- Installed 4659 small measures for free (LED bulbs, radiator panels, draught-proofing)
- Secured £608,654 of extra benefits for residents who weren’t claiming what they were entitled to
- Secured £215,031 of trust fund grants to wipe off fuel debt or pay for boilers or white goods
- Achieved over £350,000 total savings to household bills for Oldham residents per year
You can arrange a free home visit with our team who will assess your situation and see if you can be offered any of the following:
- Insulation and heating measures (subject to eligibility and survey)
- Small energy saving measures (like draught proofing and radiator foils)
- Advice on how to reduce energy use around the home and use heating controls effectively
- Support with switching energy tariffs, maximising income, claiming benefit entitlements and getting out of fuel debt
To find out more, arrange a survey or make a referral please contact Warm Homes Oldham on:
- 0800 019 1084
Apply for yourself / refer someone forms
Home visits for the scheme are carried out by Engie. Remember to ask to see their ID and if you have any concerns, please call 0161 770 4798.
Sharing your information
Warm Homes Oldham Case Study