Warm Homes Oldham is an award-winning free service that provides advice, support and energy saving measures to residents who are struggling to pay their energy bills and heat their homes.
It was set up in 2013 by Oldham Council, NHS Oldham CCG and Oldham Housing Investment Partnership (OHIP).
What we have achieved
In the last six years, the service has:
- Helped 6,788 people stay warm and well in their homes
- Fitted 7,818 small energy saving measures (draught-proofing, LED light bulbs, reflective radiator foils) free of charge
- Installed 1,386 boilers and central heating systems free of charge
- Insulated 877 lofts and walls free of charge
- Brought in around £4.3 million of external grant funding for energy efficiency measures
- Secured £812,519 of extra benefits for residents who weren’t claiming what they were entitled to
- Achieved over £513,000 in total savings to household bills per year
- Secured £235,467 of trust fund grants to wipe-off fuel debt or pay for boilers and white goods.
What we offer
You can arrange a free home visit with our team who will assess your situation and offer you:
- Advice on how to reduce energy use around the home and use heating controls effectively
- Help with switching energy supplier or tariff and claiming the Warm Homes Discount
- Small energy saving measures (like draught-proofing, LED light bulbs and reflective radiator foils)
- Oil filled radiators in an emergency no heat situation.
With your permission, we can also refer you to:
- Age UK Oldham for furniture, minor adaptations and repairs
- Auriga Services for emergency credit vouchers for electricity or gas and support with maximising income, claiming benefit entitlements, getting out of energy or water debt and making trust fund applications
- BBC Children in Need Emergency Essentials for furniture and white goods
- Citizens Advice Oldham for free, confidential advice
- Emergency Central Heating Offer (ECHO) for free broken boiler repairs (subject to eligibility and survey)
- E.ON Energy Solutions for free faulty or inefficient boiler replacements and cavity wall or loft insulation (subject to eligibility and survey)
- Food Bank Oldham for food parcels
- Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service for a fire safety check and smoke alarms
- Local Welfare Provision Oldham for help to meet short term emergency / immediate support needs or establish / maintain a home in the community
- Social Prescribing Oldham for health and wellbeing services
- Warm Homes Fund Greater Manchester for a free first-time gas central heating system (subject to eligibility and survey).
Apply for yourself / refer someone forms
To find out more, arrange a free home visit or make a referral please contact Warm Homes Oldham on:
Remember to ask to see an ID badge before letting anyone into your home and, if you have any concerns, please phone us on 0161 770 4798 before letting them in.
Sharing your information
Warm Homes Oldham Case Study