1. Landlord licensing new proposals - consultation
Your opinion counts
The licensing of private rented properties has been happening in certain areas and is now coming to an end.
Over the last five years the Council has been carrying out licensing of private landlords in other areas of Oldham due to these areas being in low housing demand.
This means rents/house prices are low compared to the rest of Oldham and there is a higher rate of tenant changes. This could have a negative impact on all and can be due to poor management and property standards of some private rented properties.
The aim of Selective Licensing is to improve the management of these properties to ensure they have a positive impact on the area.
What do we need from you?
As a resident/landlord/business we would like your opinion about this and if you think landlord licensing should still be used. We need your views, comments and feedback:
- What are the problems in your area?
- Is this the best approach to tackle the problems?
- What do you think the Council should be doing?
- What benefits do you want from the scheme?
- Do the proposed licence conditions help tackle the problems?
Additional information, areas and how it works
Provide your comments by completing our online survey.
Landlord drop-in consultation sessions
Currently all face to face events are cancelled until further notice due to the Coronavirus restrictions.