Joint Core Strategy and Development Management Policies Development Plan Documents (DPDs)
The Local Plan (joint DPD) sets out a long-term spatial vision, objectives and the planning and development strategy for the borough up to 2026, core policies and development management policies and a monitoring and implementation framework.
The Local Plan is used to decide if planning applications along with other policies, including the limited number of 'saved' policies in the 2006 Unitary Development Plan.
- Adoption Statement
- Joint Core Strategy and Development Management Policies Development Plan Document
- Appendices Part I | Part II | Part III
- Sustainability Appraisal
- Sustainability Appraisal Non Technical Summary
- Environment Statement
- Habitats Regulations Assessment
- Equalities Impact Assessment
- Adopted Proposals Map - Interactive map
- Adopted Proposals Map - (.pdf)
- Consultation Portal - Adoption
The Council has prepared a statement, based on a template by the Planning Advisory Service, which shows how the adopted Local Plan is in general conformity with the National Planning Policy Framework..