3. Attending a school outside Oldham

Attending a school outside Oldham

If you want your child to attend a maintained school outside the Oldham area, you should include this as one of the preferences.

When completing your online application, search for the school by changing the local authority (using the drop down box). Then type in the name of the school.

If you are not sure which local authority the school belongs to, please contact Oldham Council on 0161 770 4213.

Names and websites of our neighbouring authorities:

Tameside Council - https://www.tameside.gov.uk/admissions

Manchester Council - http://www.manchester.gov.uk/admissions

Rochdale Council http://www.rochdale.gov.uk/schooladmissions

Kirklees Council - http://www.kirklees.gov.uk/beta/schools-and-education.aspx

The decision as to whether a place will be offered at a school outside of Oldham rests with the relevant local authority. If admission is refused, you will have a right to appeal against the decision.