The Community Moving and Handling Team (Employees of Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust – Part of the Northern Care Alliance) are joint commissioned by OMBC and Oldham CCG service to deliver this service to the residents of Oldham
If formal care staff are involved, the Moving and Handling team can:
- Offer advice and support
- Conduct assessments for packages of care
- Provide equipment where appropriate
- Provide training for formal staff.
For informal carers, such as family, the referral should be sent to the Community Occupational Therapy Team.
Healthcare professionals in specialist areas need to refer their patients to their manual handling facilitor for assessment and advice.
Prior to sending a referral
- ensure that all referrals are submitted with a facilitators assessment
- ensure the facilitator from the agency, nursing or residential home has assessed the patient
- if the facilitator requires equipment for the patient this should be documented on the referral form
- if you are unable to resolve the Moving and Handling issues, this should be documented on the referral form
Please Note: We do not supply equipment to Residential or Nursing Homes
Sending the referral
Please ensure you do the following:
- Send a risk assessment with the referral form. as a failure to do so may delay the referral process.
- Effective prioritising of referrals is dependent on the detail of the information received. Please complete the documents with as much information as possible - equipment in place, staff involved, whether the problem is due to deterioration in the patient's condition or a sudden onset.
Submitting your form
Or if you prefer to download and submit the form, please use this version.