Community Manual Handling Team
The Pennine Care team is jointly funded by Oldham CCG and Oldham Council. The team consists of two staff members and is based in the Link Centre.
If formal care staff are involved, the manual handling team can:
- Offer advice and support
- Conduct assessments for packages of care
- Provide equipment where appropriate
- Provide training for formal staff.
For informal carers, such as family, the referral should be sent to the Community Occupational Therapy Team.
Healthcare professionals in specialist areas need to refer their patients to their manual handling facilitor for assessment and advice.
Prior to sending a referral
All referrals have to be submitted with a facilitators assessment.
Please ensure the facilitator from the agency, nursing or residential home has assessed the patient. If the facilitator requires equipment for the patient this should be documented on the referral form. If they are unable to resolve the manual handling issues this should be documented on the referral form.
We do not supply equipment to residential or nursing homes.
Sending the referral
Please ensure you do the following:
- Send a risk assessment with the referral form. as a failure to do so may delay the referral process.
- Effective prioritising of referrals is dependent on the detail of the information received. Please complete the documents with as much information as possible - equipment in place, staff involved, whether the problem is due to deterioration in the patient's condition or a sudden onset.
Submitting your form