The Community Occupational Therapy Team (Employees of Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust – Part of the Northern Care Alliance) are joint commissioned by OMBC and Oldham CCG service to deliver this service to the residents of Oldham
If you are struggling with activities of daily living around your home due to your disability, there may be a piece of equipment /adaptations that could help you be more independent.
We aim to help adults and children experiencing difficulties managing everyday activities due to disability.
Assessments where possible are carried out at the Link Centre within our specialist activities of daily living suite. Home visits are possible in exceptional circumstances.
We may be able to help if you:
- are a resident in Oldham and/or have an Oldham GP
- have difficulty managing with daily living activities due to illness or disability
- promoting independent living
- specialist assessments
- advice to service users and other agencies on re-housing options
- independent mobility assessments
- specialist Occupational Therapy assessment and treatment planning
- to support people to remain independent in their own home
- to promote independent living through appropriate equipment and adaptations
- to assess and advise on rehousing for people with disabilities
- carry out Independent Mobility Assessments (Blue Badge Scheme)
- to advise on Moving and Handling for family carers / non paid Carers
If you are struggling with activities of daily living around your home due to your disability, there may be a piece of equipment /small adaptation that could help you be more independent.
Request an assessment by the Occupational Therapy team
The Community Occupational Therapy Team carry out assessments to get a clearer picture of the difficulties that you are having (e.g. bathing, climbing stairs, or transferring from a chair to a bed) advise you about eligibility, and tell you about other services that may be available.
You will be advised if you need to bring any information to your assessment.
An appointment is made for you between Monday and Friday, 9am – 4pm.
Due to the high demand for this service there may be a delay before an assessment can be made.
You can make a referral by completing our online form
Request an assessment by the Community Occupational Therapy Team
Once we have received your referral, we will review the information provided, establish eligibility to identify if our service could meet your needs. All referrals are prioritised based on the information provided and you will be contacted in due course to arrange an appointment.
- Blue Badge
- Move to a suitable home
- Housing Options
- Community Manual Handling Team
Guide to choosing equipment
AskSARA is an online self-help guide that is useful if you are not sure what items might help you and if would like to purchase your own equipment.