Oldham Carers' Services offer a range of free services for unpaid carers across Oldham.
If you care for a partner, family member or friend who could not manage without your help, then you are a carer.
Oldham Carers' Services can assist you with information and advice about:
- Health issues
- Entitlement to benefits
- Mobility issues
- Equipment and assistive technologies
- Carers rights
- Carers employment issues
- One-to-One Practical and Emotional Support
- Carers Assessments
- Carers Personal Budgets (subject to eligibility)
- Signposting / Referrals to Social Services and Other Providers
- Oldham Carers Emergency Support Scheme (OCESS)
- Activities / Talks / Training
- Access to Carers Support Groups and Networks
Our strategy for Carers
The Carers Strategy is currently being reviewed and during the summer months we will be working with Carers from across the Borough to co-produce their priorities for the next 3 years. If you would like to be involved then you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
New decision guide for carers of people with dementia and COVID-19
The research team at UCL, have developed online materials to help carers of people with dementia who have COVID-19 to make decisions about care for their loved ones.
- ENDEMIC - UCL web page (Dementia and Decision Making during COVID-19)
The Development of the guide has been supported by Marie Curie, Alzheimer’s Society and Dementia UK. It is a free downloadable document that helps carers work through situations, medical and legal jargon so they can make informed decisions quickly under stressful circumstances.
Resources to encourage vaccine take by unpaid carers
DHSC has worked with Carers UK to create a new video encouraging unpaid carers to get their COVID vaccination. It’s now available on the DHSC Adult Social Care YouTube.
- Unpaid carers and the COVID-19 vaccines – YouTube