Oldham Carers' Services offer a range of free services for unpaid carers across Oldham.
If you care for a partner, family member or friend who could not manage without your help, then you are a carer.
Oldham Carers' Services can assist you with information and advice about:
- Health issues
- Volunteering opportunities
- Carers rights
- Carers employment issues
- One-to-One Practical and Emotional Support
- Carers Assessments
- Carers Personal Budgets (subject to eligibility)
- Signposting / Referrals to Social Services and Other Providers
- Oldham Carers Emergency Support Scheme (OCESS)
- Activities / Talks / Training
New decision guide for carers of people with dementia and COVID-19
The research team at UCL, have developed online materials to help carers of people with dementia who have COVID-19 to make decisions about care for their loved ones.
- ENDEMIC - UCL web page (Dementia and Decision Making during COVID-19)
The Development of the guide has been supported by Marie Curie, Alzheimer’s Society and Dementia UK. It is a free downloadable document that helps carers work through situations, medical and legal jargon so they can make informed decisions quickly under stressful circumstances.
One way for carers to find out about this guide will be via signposting from social services.
Resources to encourage vaccine take by unpaid carers
DHSC has worked with Carers UK to create a new video encouraging unpaid carers to get their COVID vaccination. It’s now available on the DHSC Adult Social Care YouTube.
- Unpaid carers and the COVID-19 vaccines - YouTube