6. Executive hire
There is no legal definition to determine the difference between executive and standard private hire. In each instance it will involve a booking being accepted by a licensed private hire operator and a licensed vehicle and driver meeting the requirements of the booking.
The main distinction between the two can be described as the type of client catered for, the type of service offered, and the cost of the service provided.
In determining whether a booking is considered executive hire, consideration will be given to the following factors:
- How the booking is made
- How payment is made
- Type of vehicle used to undertake the journey
- Dress code of the driver
- Business plan of the operator
An operator is expected to prove to the council that it has met the above requirements, and declare that it will continue to do so, before any exemptions for vehicles they operate are considered.
Executive hire vehicles are expected to meet the same criteria as standard private hire vehicles with the following exceptions:
- Type of vehicle – the vehicle must be of an executive, prestige standard. Examples of this type of vehicle are as follows (this list is not exhaustive):
- BMW 7 series
- Mercedes – S Class or E Class
- Lexus – GS or LS
- Jaguar XJ
- Audi A8
- The vehicle must be less than 3 years of age when first licensed for executive hire.
- Manufacturers tints are permitted, however, after market tints or films are not permitted
- The vehicle cannot be fitted with a data head, taxi meter or radio
- The vehicle will not be permitted to display any form of advertising including company or private hire operator details (business cards of the executive operator details are permitted)
Drivers of executive hire vehicles licensed in Oldham must be licensed as Dual Drivers with Oldham Borough Council and fulfil the requirements of that application process. Details on how to obtain a Dual Driver Licence can be found at the top of this page under the heading “New Driver Applications” near the top of this page.
To make an application under executive hire, for exemption to be considered, please use form below.
Once complete, please return the form to email@example.com.