2. Access to your personal information

You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you.

Requests to access personal information must be written to:

Information Management
Civic Centre
West Street
Oldham, OL1 1UG

Please state your name and date of birth, and it is helpful to be as specific as possible about the information required, eg, reference to dates or events relevant to the enquiry.

Requests (except where the law permits) must be responded to in no more than one calendar month from receipt of the request subject to proof of identity and a clear description of the data requested.

In principle individuals have a right to be given a copy of all the information contained in their files. The main exceptions are:

  • If the information on a file identifies other people (that information will be removed unless the third parties have agreed to the disclosure)
  • If the disclosure of the information risks serious harm to the physical or mental health of the data subject/any other person
  • If the individuals entitled to access has expressly asked that some or all of the information should not be disclosed (e.g. to the agent acting on their behalf) or if a third party have provided information on the assumption that it will not be disclosed
  • If it would hinder the prevention and detection of crime or the prosecution or apprehension of offenders to provide the information.

Further information and support is available to help you access your health and social care personal file.