You can register to vote online or update your details on the electoral register:

To register you will need to provide your National Insurance number and date of birth as evidence of identity.

Members of the armed services

If you’re based overseas or think you may be posted overseas in the next year, you should register as a Service Voter, as this allows you to register at a fixed address in the UK even if you move around.

Overseas electors 

Overseas electors are allowed to vote in British Parliamentary and European Parliamentary Elections only.

European Union Citizens are allowed to vote in European Parliamentary and Local Elections only.

Overseas electors include:

  • British citizens living abroad
  • Members of HM Forces and their spouses
  • Crown servants employed outside the United Kingdom
  • European Union Citizens

Electoral Roll

The register of electors (sometimes called the 'electoral roll') is a list of everyone who is registered to vote in Oldham.