Request support from adult social care | Request support from adult social care | Oldham Council
Get a coronavirus vaccination

Vaccinations are now available to anyone aged 12 or above. Anyone over 12 can book online. Anyone over 16 can visit one of our local vaccine clinics without an appointment.

Get a vaccination

A Social Worker will work with you to carry out a needs assessment to find out what help and support you need - like personal care, equipment or help in your home. After the assessment we will then  assist you to get the care you need.

Ask for an assessment for yourself or someone you know

Phone 0161 770 7777 or use our online form:

Ask for a social care assessment

Ask for an assessment if you are a professional

What happens next?

A Customer Service Officer/Social Worker about your needs and determine if you meet the eligibility criteria.  We will work with you to find out what services will best help you to live a more independent life.

With your permission, we may need to share information about you with other agencies that become involved with your care such as the Police and Fire Service, or others such as health professionals.

We aim to complete assessments within 28 days. In an emergency we aim to start the assessment and provide help within 24 hours.

Please note, if you are in hospital, a social worker will discuss the help you and your carer will need when discharge from hospital is being planned.

Care Plan

Following your assessment a care plan will be agreed with you. It will describe the support that you need and will include the following:

  • What help you will get and who will provide it.
  • When and how often you will get help.
  • Contact details of the team who make sure you get help.
  • When help will start and when reviews will take place to make sure we are still meeting your needs.
  • Details of care needs which cannot be met and why.
  • What to do if you are unhappy with the service.

Will I be charged for the services I receive?

You may be charged for some services, but we will carry out a financial assessment to work out if you need to contribute to your care and how much.

We will also make sure you are receiving all the benefits that you are entitled to.

Further information

For further information on undergoing a needs assessment: