Get Oldham Growing supports communities growing food across the Oldham borough.
There are four objectives that underpin Get Oldham Growing’s support:
- To increase community participation in food growing, cooking and eating projects for the improved health and wellbeing of Oldham residents
- To reduce barriers to participation in food growing activities
- To increase skills, qualifications and entrepreneurship in food related initiatives.
- To develop employment opportunities through local food production
Get Oldham Growing is a public health funded programme which recognises the impact of growing and eating local food on the health and wellbeing of communities. The programme works in partnership with local people, community groups and local organisations to improve peoples’ health, skills and environment through growing, cooking and eating local food.
From supporting access to land and school grounds development to increasing the number of community garden sites and local food enterprises, Get Oldham Growing’s vision is to further establish Oldham as a borough with a thriving local food culture and economy.
Get Oldham Growing encourages everyone to grow food. ‘Let’s get Oldham growing’!
To find out more, get involved or volunteer;
- Visit the blog
- Get in touch with your local Growing Hub
- Contact Get Oldham Growing