A community working together for a brighter financial future.
Oldham Council is proud to work in partnership with the Credit Union, a community based business, owned and run by local people.
The Credit Union provides Oldham residents with access to fair and straightforward financial services, while playing a central role in tackling poverty and promoting financial inclusion in the community.
- Secure savings (through payroll deduction, direct debit, standing order or pay-in over the counter)
- Affordable loans with free loan protection insurance
- Pre-paid ALTO Mastercard
- Now open on Saturday
- Personal service
- Low prices on Cooperative Electrical appliances
- 30% off a weekly ticket on First Bus travel around Greater Manchester (cannot be used in conjunction with the Oldham Borough deal).
Credit Union members can save at an affordable level, be it £1 or £100.
Small regular amounts soon add up and at the Credit Union, you are not just another customer, you actually own the business! Through a vote at the Annual General Meeting you can shape the future of your own community financial services organisation.
Oldham Credit Union is a responsible lender - they will never encourage you to borrow more than you can comfortably afford to repay.
Loans are affordable: The highest rate for small loans is 26.8%, compared with other short term loan companies charging as much as 4200%. Most members qualify for FREE loan protection insurance.
Jam Jar Accounts
Jam Jar accounts help you to manage your budget and prioritise your spending.
The account automatically pays your main bills, including your council tax and rent.
Opening an account will also give you access to the other benefits of the Credit Union such as discounted bus tickets, fair loans and savings.
To set up an account you will need to bring two forms of identification with you. The identification must include your name, address and signature (for example a rent book, tenancy agreement or passport).
- Monday: 10.00am - 3.00pm
- Tuesday: 10.00am - 12.30pm
- Wednesday: 10.00am - 3.00pm
- Thursday: 10.00am - 3.00pm
- Friday: 10.00am - 3.00pm
- Saturday: 9.30am - 12.30pm