Health and Social Services | Oldham Council
Website maintenance: Tuesday 3 October

We are carrying out website maintenance on Tues 3 Oct. During this time forms to report fly-tiping, potholes, litter and some highways issues may not work. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Chadderton, OL9

Contact phone

07854 006 395

Contact email
Ofsted URN: 2684757

Ofsted rating

Awaiting first inspection


From 1 - 14 years old



Opening times

Monday - Friday 8am - 5.30pm

Cost details

Per hour: £5

Takes childcare vouchers?


Drops-off/picks-up from

Corpus Christi RC Primary School


All fee and times negotiable

Special diets offered

On discussion with Parents

Provides for different cultural needs


How do you identify special educational needs and disabilities?

I would identify a child with special needs through conversations with the parents, finding out about the child and their individual needs and requirements. I would carry out observations on the child, which would provide an indication as to whether or not the child has SEND. Training around SEND would provide myself and other childminders, a more in depth understanding around SEND and what to look out for, and how to include SEND children into my setting and educate child care practitioners around inclusion.

How do you involve parents/carers?

Have regular conversations with the parents, provide handovers. Keep a record around their day and ensure record keeping is done throughout the day (e.g. mars chart for medication). Share ideas and suggestions. Discuss with other relevant professionals which may help the child with their particular needs and provide parents with contact details for external agencies/ professionals which the child may benefit from.

How do you support a child’s learning and development?

I would have regular conversations and share ideas. I would also share knowledge in which I may receive from relevant training courses. I would continue with any routines, activities in which the child may have at home, and implement it into my setting if it is beneficial to the child’s learning and development. As a childminder, I would ensure I have adequate resources for the child, and purchase more if required to include them as much as possible.

How do you meet a child’s educational needs?

I would create opportunities through play and include various activities and puzzles for the child to promote inclusion and to ensure the child’s individual needs are being met. I would develop the other children’s understanding and knowledge of people and provide them with opportunities to talk about similarities and contrasts. I would help the children to value diversity as interesting and enriching our lives. I would help children to develop respectful and positive attitudes towards everyone, and I would ensure that I am being a positive role model at all times.

How do we know my child is achieving agreed outcomes?

I would refer to the EYFS and carry out research. I would also liaise with other professionals who are known to the child to ensure they are meeting their agreed outcomes.

How do you adapt for a child with extra needs?

This would depend on the individual. I would carry out research and look for suitable activities in which I would be able to implement into my setting. I would also purchase resources which would help the child adapt to activities and that would promote inclusion. I would ensure I had relevant training to develop an in depth knowledge and understanding of SEND, and ways to adapt activities into my place of work.

How accessible is your service, outside and inside?

My setting is my home, and as the people occupying it don’t require it to be adapted/ amended in any way, it is as I would call just your typical home. The bathroom is upstairs, but everything else is on one level including the gardens. I would be willing to adapt my home to be inclusive of SEN children within reason.

How do you involve children in outings and trips?

I would ensure that a risk assessment would be in place prior to going on any trips. Consideration to the needs of any SEN children would be a priority when planning day trips and activities.

How do you work with other organisations?

I would participate in training and seek help and advise from my local council who could provide me with the relevant contact details for any external agencies to support children with SEN needs, along with carrying out my own research to help develop my knowledge and understanding around working with external agencies to support each individuals needs. I would carry out observations within my setting and share my findings with the relevant professionals.

How do you support children when they start and leave?

I would have conversations with the staff at the child’s new setting and share ways in which I feel helped the child during their time in my care. I would ensure the new setting had access to records and observations which would be relevant and beneficial to the child within their new placement.

How are you/staff trained in extra needs?

Online training is available, I would ask for further training any information around SEND with my local council and staff would then be required to take part in any face to face training made available to them.

What is your policy on compliments, complaints, concerns?

If you have a complaint or concern, contact LADO, MASH or Ofsted.
Updated: 25/11/2022