Website maintenance - Thursday 18 July

We are carrying out some website maintenance on Thursday 18 July between 11am and 2pm. My Account and some online forms may be unavailable during this time. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Shaw, OL2

Contact phone

01706 847 793 or 07778 520 221

Contact email
Ofsted URN: EY501170

Ofsted rating



From babies to 12 years old

Opening times

Monday to Thursday 7.30am - 6pm

Cost details

Per hour: £5.50

Free childcare possible for 2 year olds


Free childcare possible for 3/4 year olds


Takes childcare vouchers?


Drops-off/picks-up from

Crompton C.P. School


Registered for 30 hours free childcare

Special diets offered

On discussion with parents

Provides for different cultural needs


How do you identify special educational needs and disabilities?

I ensure that I keep up to date with my Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Training which helps me to identify children with SEND. I also invest time in getting to know the children and their parents and with permission will seek professional input and advice. I ensure that the children's learning journeys in terms of their developmental progress are kept up to date and any areas of concern are noted and advices/referrals sought.

How do you involve parents/carers?

I work in partnership with parents where any concerns I take note so that together we can achieve the best outcome for the child. The children's learning journeys and progress are regularly and frequently shared with parents.

How do you support a child’s learning and development?

I share daily diaries with parents and provide parents with termly reports summarising their child's development and progress. This is provided in addition to sharing the child's learning journey. I tailor my planning to provide activities to enable the children to reach their next steps.

How do you meet a child’s educational needs?

I get to know each child and their progress and needs and ensure that my planning is tailored to meet the individual child's next steps. I keep track of each child's development and progress within their individual learning journeys.

How do we know my child is achieving agreed outcomes?

The children's progress and learning goals will be referenced via observations and evidence against the statutory framework (EYFS).

How do you adapt for a child with extra needs?

My setting is inclusive so all activities and resources provided will be adapted where necessary within the learning environment and made age and developmental stage appropriate.

How accessible is your service, outside and inside?

Fully accessible both indoors and outdoors.

How do you involve children in outings and trips?

All children will be involved in routine outings e.g toddler groups, stay and play sessions, rhythm and rhyme sessions, trips to the library and museums, parks, gardens, to many local places within the community such as shops, post office etc.

How do you work with other organisations?

If I identify any needs I work with external agencies to seek appropriate advice and referrals. I work with the child's health visitor to achieve the best outcome for the child. I attend regular SEND training and share good practice with other childminders and professionals.

How do you support children when they start and leave?

I operate a settling in period which is arranged by agreement with parents and is child specific. I also gather information from parents about their child and any other professionals involved with the child. Children are supported in transitions by use of photographs of new settings and staff and regular visits and where possible stays at the new setting.

How are you/staff trained in extra needs?

I am a stand-alone childminder and at present do not employ any assistants or other staff.

What is your policy on compliments, complaints, concerns?

I welcome child and parental feedback regularly and reflect on the feedback given to see whether I can improve my practice to ensure I strive to continually develop myself and my setting to provide the best service possible. I have a written policy with regard to concerns and complaints. I would invite parents and carers to follow the internal policy and in the event I am unable to resolve any issue then parents/carers can contact Ofsted who will deal with the complaint further.
Updated 15/01/2024