Lees, OL4

Contact phone

07904 165 774
Ofsted URN: 2757182

Ofsted rating

Awaiting first inspection


From 5 months to 16 years old

Opening times

Monday to Thursday, 7:30am - 5:30pm

Cost details

Per day: £42

Free childcare possible for 2 year olds


Free childcare possible for 3/4 year olds


Takes childcare vouchers?


Drops-off/picks-up from

Knowsley Junior School


Registered for 30 hours free childcare

All fees negotiable Kim also has a Childminder assistant

Special diets offered

On discussion with parents

Provides for different cultural needs


How do you identify special educational needs and disabilities?

To identify SEND I would be required to have an in-depth understanding of what SEND is. I would do this by educating myself and all staff I work with by attending training sessions and keeping up to date with all training offered. I would improve my knowledge on special needs by completing CPDs in specific areas, for example autism, speech, and language. I can do this by making assessments in my workplace, making observations, and communicating with parents. I can also get know the children and where they are up to in specific developmental areas.

How do you involve parents/carers?

As a childminder I will work in partnership with parents by involving them in their child’s care and learning from the very beginning, transitioning period. Have daily chats with parents about their child’s development progress and share my concerns if I believe a child may be struggling in a specific area. Making regular observations and asking parents to also share observations or concerns they may have with me.

How do you support a child’s learning and development?

I will support parents by, communicating with them daily, using online tapestry to make observations and checkpoints in specific areas. Allow parents access to their child’s online tapestry account where they can also add comments. Giving parents activities and ideas to do at home, following on from what we are learning in my setting.

How do you meet a child’s educational needs?

I will meet children’s educational needs by offering lots of stimulating activities within my setting. Offering indoor and outdoor learning experiences and following the EYFs curriculum. I will also complete CPDs and training to improve my knowledge of the EYFs and to be able to support children’s learning.

How do we know my child is achieving agreed outcomes?

You will have access to your child’s online learning journal where I will plan, make observations and assess your child’s learning, using eyfs learning assessments and checkpoints for the prime areas and specific areas of the EYFs. I will also communicate with you daily, so you have an ongoing knowledge of your child’s learning development.

How do you adapt for a child with extra needs?

By having a wide range of resources available for children to explore and investigate. Getting to know each child individually and having resources available that they show an interest in. Speaking with parents, other professionals for advice and having a better understanding of each child needs. My setting is also adaptable with furniture. Tables, play areas to suit the child’s height.

How accessible is your service, outside and inside?

My setting is accessible from my front door, straight through the front room and into the play area, all one level with a small step which has been risk accessed and provides the children with opportunities to practice their gross motor skills. My outdoor area is a large decking area, fully secure with three small steps to climb up. The areas is risk accessed and all safety measures are in place again the small steps gives children the opportunity to learn physical development.

How do you involve children in outings and trips?

At my setting we spend a lot of time outdoors and visiting local parks, play areas and play groups. All our outdoor activities are planned before we visit, and risk accessed to ensure the places are accessible and suitable for all children. I will make sure when we plan a large group outing there is enough adult supervision so all children can participate. I will always ask for parental permission.

How do you work with other organisations?

I liaise with my childminding agency for advice on supporting children with SEND, I l will also attend my local authority training session to keep up to date with SEND. If I have any concerns about a child’s development I will seek advice from health professionals, health visitors and my local authority I will also ask for parental permission to speak to other professionals about their child’s development if I feel they may need extra support.

How do you support children when they start and leave?

A transition plan will be prepared beforehand for a child when they start and leave my setting. I will offer parents a time to come and view my setting to see if it is suitable for them and we can meet their child’s needs. If parents wish to proceed, I then offer an induction session where we can go through paperwork and starting points, so I have lots of information about your child and you also can ask more questions about my setting. I then offer two settling in sessions however these can be adapted to suit your child’s needs as I am aware a child with SEND may need more time to settle in. On leaving my setting a transition into school or nursery plan will be put into place. I will laisse with, parents, other early years professionals and teachers and prepare ready for school packs\ transition reports so they have all the information they need. I will also support visits to a child’s new school or placement before they leave my setting.

How are you/staff trained in extra needs?

Staff are trained by keeping up to date with training offered by both my local authority and my childcare agency Rutland. Staff will have access to online training as well as day courses and will be supervised in making observation to identify SEND on a day-to-day basis.

What is your policy on compliments, complaints, concerns?

If you wish to make a complaint, compliment, or have any concerns you can speak with me directly and I will aim to resolve the matter quickly, professionally, and efficiently. If you do not feel comfortable speaking to me, you can also fill in a complaints form that you have access to at the setting. If you still feel this is not suitable for you, I will follow my policies and procedures by directing you to my childminding agency or Ofsted who will then aim to deal with the matter affectively. All contact information for both my agency Rutland and Ofsted are available at my setting on my parents notice board.
Updated: 01/12/2023