Contact phone0161 622 9162
AgeFrom 18 years old
Opening timesMonday to Friday 9am - 5pm
The service is for adults aged 18 years and above, who have:
- Registered with a GP in the Oldham borough
- Meet the service referral criteria.
The majority of diabetes care will be delivered within the local community.
Depending on the complexity of your condition, you could be cared for by the Oldham Diabetes Service or by your GP practice.
The majority of patient's referred into the service will be dis"Charge", back to their own GP practice once individual goals are being achieved.
The service also provides education sessions to patients, GP's and primary care clinicians.
We aim to provide the following benefits:
- Better experience overall
- Excellent quality of care
- Improved co-ordination of care
- Reduce risk of hospital admission with diabetes related problems
- Specialist diabetes care closer to home for the majority of people.