Help applying for benefits
The Welfare Rights Service provides free advice and support about:
- Benefit entitlement advice
- Assistance completing benefit forms
- Mandatory reconsideration
- Contact The Welfare Rights Service form
- Phone 0161 770 6655 (9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday)
How it works
When you get in touch, the Contact Centre will offer basic advice on benefit issues and (where necessary) make a referral to a Welfare Rights Officer.
Where a referral is made, a Welfare Rights Officer will contact you as soon as possible.
Role of the Welfare Rights Service
The advice given by the service is completely independent, impartial and free.
The service recognises that individuals must make their own decisions and that the role of the service is to give people information to be able to exercise their rights.
We will actively promote the take-up of benefits so that the residents of Oldham are aware of their rights and do not miss out on their entitlements.
You can contact the Benefits Service for advice about:
- Council Tax
- Your application and payments
To speak to someone face-to-face you can drop into Access Oldham.
- Contact the Benefits Service form
- Phone: 0161 770 6633 (Monday to Friday 8.00am - 6.00pm)