The Cabinet is made up of a Leader, a Deputy Leader and up to 9 councillors appointed by the Leader.
The Cabinet is responsible for strategic decisions and recommends proposals for approval by full Council on the budget, Council Tax levels and the Council’s policy framework.
The Cabinet can form committees, working groups and panels. For example, a sub committee of the Cabinet has been formed to take decisions about Trust Land within the Borough.
The Cabinet meets monthly.
For minutes and agendas Browse meetings.
What does the Cabinet do?
The Leader of the Council may determine to exercise any of the executive functions of the Council personally, or may arrange for the exercise of any of the Council’s executive functions by:
- The Cabinet
- By a Committee of the Cabinet
- By an officer of the Council in consultation with a Member of the Cabinet.
Powers of the Cabinet
- Implement agreed policies
- Give political leadership
- Make key decisions
- Proposes policy framework
- Proposes the budget
- Makes recommendations to Council