How to recycle your food waste and where to buy compostable bags
All cooked and uncooked food can be recycled, this includes:
- Tea bags and coffee grounds
- Fruit and vegetables
- Out of date food (no packaging)
- Meat and bones (cooked and uncooked)
- Breads and pastries
- Dairy (e.g. cheese) and egg shells
How to recycle your food waste
- Put your food waste into your indoor caddy. You may want to use a compostable bag. Compostable bags are available from over 100 stockists, including supermarkets and local libraries right across the borough. Find your nearest stockist here.
- When your indoor caddy is full, empty it into your outdoor caddy or straight into your green bin, if you have one.
- Your food waste is collected weekly. Just put your outdoor caddy or green bin out on your usual collection day with your other rubbish or recycling bin. Please note, you can put either your outdoor caddy or green bin out for collection but not both.
See our guide for more information about your food and garden recycling