Oldham West and Royton: Parliamentary By-Election
A by-election is taking place in the Oldham West and Royton constituency on Thursday, December 3.
This follows the death of Michael Meacher MP last month.
The six candidates standing in this election are:
- A-LOT Sir Oink – The Official Monster Raving Loony Party
- BICKLEY John Joseph – UK Independence Party (UKIP)
- BROPHY Jane – Liberal Democrats
- DALY James Barry – The Conservative Party Candidate
- HART Simeon – Green Party
- MCMAHON Jim – Labour Party
Polling stations will be open on Thursday, December 3 from 7am to 10pm.
The deadline to apply for a postal vote, change your existing postal vote arrangements or change your existing proxy vote arrangements is 5pm on Wednesday, November 18.
The deadline for new applications to go onto the Electoral Register is Friday, November 20.
The deadline to apply for a new proxy vote is Wednesday, November 25 at 5pm.
For any information about voting in this by-election contact Oldham Council’s Elections Office on
- Phone: 0161 770 4719
- Email: email@example.com
- Statement of persons nominated, Notice of poll and Situation of polling stations: Oldham West and Royton Constituency
- Notice of Election: Oldham West and Royton Constituency
- Notice of election agents' names and offices
The count for this
by-election will take place from 10pm onwards on Thursday, December 3 in the
Queen Elizabeth Hall at the Civic Centre. Members of the public are welcome to
attend but must apply individually for a ticket beforehand.
Tickets can be applied for in writing to Elections Office, Room 222, Civic Centre, West Street, Oldham, OL1 1UL or by emailing the Elections Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
The request must state the name and address of the person applying for the ticket.
Tickets will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Access will not be granted to the venue without a valid ticket.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ALL MEDIA:
The deadline to apply for media accreditation expired on Friday, November 21.
Demand for places was high and all applicants have been contacted by email with further information.
Email email@example.com for any further queries.