Right Start and School Nursing
Oldham Children's Centres
Right Start brings together all the key services and professionals who are important in a child’s life to form one service, Right Start. The Right Start service works with families all the way through pregnancy until a child starts school at five years old.
Volunteers play an integral part in the service and are involved in a wide range of important and rewarding roles, such as:
- Health Development and Welfare Advice
- Support for parents with children with special and educational needs
- Stay and Play Sessions
- Baby Stay and Play Sessions
- Midwifery Service
- School Nursing advice for school ages children and their families
- Oral health advice
- Infant feeding
- Signposting to other agencies and support families
- Family Nurse Partnership - Programme of support for teenage parents
- Community Welcomers supporting families to access Family Hubs, Parent Carer Panels including face - face events across Oldham
To apply to become a Children's Centre Volunteer, please complete our online form and we will get back in touch with you shortly.