The consultation for the Draft Local Plan will be taking place for a period of 6 weeks, from Wednesday 10 January until Sunday 25 February 2024. This consultation is now closed.
Comments can be submitted online via the Council’s consultation portal (you will be asked to set up an account on the consultation portal), via online comments form, email, and post.
Please see the link below for further details.
Details of our core data protection and commitments are set out in the council's primary privacy notice and service privacy notice for Strategic Planning and Information are both available on the council's data protection web pages.
Join or leave our mailing list
The Local Plan helps to guide and manage future growth and development so we can meet the needs of the borough and its population.
It contains planning policies that will be used as the basis for determining planning applications and identifies sites where developments should be built, as well as areas for protection.
To join or leave the mailing list please email:
- Oldham Council is fully committed to compliance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Comments cannot be treated as confidential.
- Personal information provided as part of a representation cannot be treated as confidential as the Council is obliged to make all representations available for public inspection.
- If you choose to make a representation you will be regarded by the Council as having consented to that representation being made available for public inspection.
- All comments received will also be made available via the internet, along with the name of the person who submitted them.
- Your address will not generally be available via the internet if you submit your comments electronically.
- In addition, you should note that any documents, plans etc, you submit to accompany your comments may also be made available via the internet.
- If we receive supporting documents containing email addresses, telephone numbers or signatures, we will endeavour to remove them. If your postal address is shown on any accompanying documents provided, though, then this will also be accessible via the internet.