Oldham Council has been awarded £10.75 million from the Future High Streets Fund, which is a £1 billion Government fund to renew and reshape town centres and high streets in ways that drive growth, improve experience and ensure sustainability.
For more detailed information, follow the Future High Streets Fund Prospectus link below:
- Future High Streets Fund Prospectus – GOV.UK website
Frequently asked questions
How much money is available for projects in Oldham?
Oldham Council has been awarded £10.75 million to deliver three projects that are capable of transforming Oldham town centre and satisfying both the Future High Streets Fund criteria and local ambitions for regeneration.
The projects are:
- Egyptian Room Food Hall: six casual dining-style food and drink concessions and a central dining space located in the Old Town Hall. Catering for around 200 people, it will offer indoor and outdoor seating including a large covered al-fresco dining area on Parliament Square.
- Accessible Oldham: a scheme to make travel easier, safer and more enjoyable around the town centre, especially for pedestrians and cyclists. It will include new public realm space on Henshaw Street incorporating trees, seating, cycle parking and street art. It will also improve connectivity between Oldham bus station and Oldham town centre by pedestrianising the lower end of Lord Street and High Street and sprucing up the area to make it cleaner and greener.
- New business hub for digital start-ups: a space to boost opportunities for entrepreneurs, creating jobs and paving the way for a future-focussed Oldham.
Oldham Council included the projects in the funding bid based on their potential to drive sustainable economic growth, deliver excellent value for money and align with local and regional ambitions as expressed in strategic documents, including the Oldham Town Centre Vision (2019).
You can read more in this press release dated 19 May 2021:
What happens next?
Oldham Council accepted the grant award by 30 June 2021. It will be responsible for spending all funds received by 31 March 2024.
Who can provide further information?
For further enquiries about the Future High Streets Fund, contact:
- Tel: 0161 770 2077
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org