If you are the only person over the age of 18 living in a property you may be eligible for a discount of 25%.

You can only claim this discount at your main residence. You can’t claim sole occupier discount for a second home.

If someone has moved out temporarily, for example the person is working away or has gone on an extended holiday and has left you as the sole resident, you won't be able to claim the discount because the other persons main residence hasn’t changed.


Apply for a Sole Occupier Discount

To verify your claim, we may check any information you provide against other records we hold.


You will need to cancel your discount if you are no longer the only person over 18 living in the property.

Cancel Sole Occupier Discount

You may be entitled to other Council Tax Discounts, for example if someone in the property has turned 18 and is still in education: