NHS Bereavement Helpline
The helpline can offer guidance and advice on dealing with grief and loss and is staffed by trained nurses who are highly skilled and experienced in working with bereaved families.
The helpline is open 8am to 8pm every day.
- Phone 0800 2600 400
Greater Manchester Bereavement Service
Find the right support for you. This service is available for those recently bereaved or if you are supporting someone affected by a bereavement:
- Phone: 0161 983 0902 (Monday to Friday, 9am–5pm - except on Bank Holidays) or visit
- Website: Greater Manchester Bereavement Service
Bereavement Advice Centre
Free, practical information and advice for when someone dies including what to do first, how to register a death, finding a funeral director, probate and other legal procedures:
- Phone: 0800 634 9494 (Monday to Friday, 9am–5pm)
- Website: Bereavement Advice Centre
Oldham Community Crisis Support Line – Ghazali Trust
This is a community-based response which can provide support, advice and signposting in a culturally sensitive and supportive way.
The service is available in Arabic, Bengali, English, Pashto, Punjabi and Urdu.
- Phone 03000 200 661 (seven days a week, 9am–5pm).
Healthy Minds Oldham
One to one counselling to help manage feelings of depression or anxiety that may be related to bereavement.
This service accepts self-referrals and referrals from your GP.
Phone: 0161 716 2777 (available 9am–5pm)
Website: Oldham Healthy Minds - NHS website
Tameside, Oldham and Glossop Mind
Tameside, Oldham and Glossop Mind offer a range of councilling services:
- Phone: 0161 330 9223,
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: Tameside, Oldham and Glossop Mind
Healthy Young Minds
Help for children and young people to manage feelings of depression or anxiety that may be related to a loss or trauma.
Referrals can be made by GPs, parents and carers.
- Phone: 0161 770 7777 (available Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm)
- Website: Healthy Young Minds - NHS website
Child Bereavement UK
Help for children and young people (up to age 25), parents and families to rebuild their lives when a child grieves.
- Phone 0800 02 888 40
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website Child Bereavement UK