2. Changes to the Blue Badge scheme
The changes are:
- A new anti-fraud Blue Badge design containing a digital image of the badge holder*
- A National Blue Badge database that holds information for each Local Authority to reduce fraud
- Badges will no longer be produced by Local Authorities but a specialist company at a national processing unit to ensure consistency and reduce fraud
- A £10 administration fee will be charged by each local authority for all badges issued to cover increased administration costs
*Existing badges will still be valid until they expire as new style badges will be phased in over the next three years.
If you suspect that a person is mis-using a blue badge you should contact either the Blue Badge team or the Benefit Fraud team on 0161 770 4969 / firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the badge number and the person using the badge.