Apply for a Blue Badge Online
You can apply online on the GOV.UK website.
You will need to pay Oldham Council a £10 administration fee.
Ways to pay the administration fee:
It is easy to pay online using your debit card. Make a payment (select Blue Badge Service from miscellaneous payments)
You can pay the administration fee by calling the payment team during office hours and selecting option number two:
- Phone: 0161 770 6611
Or alternatively, if you also need to speak to someone about your application you can contact the Blue Badge Team:
- Phone: 0161 770 1222
Who is it for?
You can apply for a Blue Badge if you are:
- Receiving Personal Independent Payment (PIP), with a score of 8 or higher, in the moving around category of the mobility component
- Receiving a war pensioners’ mobility supplement
- In receipt of a lump sum payment within tariff levels 1-8 of the Armed Forces compensation scheme
- Permanent and substantially disabled, which makes walking impossible or very difficult. This needs to be assessed by an independent mobility assessor, unless eligibility is self-evident.
- Receiving a grant towards your own vehicle
- Using a vehicle supplied by a government department
- Unable to turn a steering wheel by hand
- Parents of a disabled child
- Have very considerable difficulty whilst walking, including very considerable psychological distress
- Cannot undertake a journey without there being a risk of serious harm to that person / any other person
Please note, if you meet these criteria you do not necessarily meet the criteria to successfully apply for a Blue badge – it simply makes you eligible to apply. All applications are subject to assessment.
Blue badges can also be issued to organisations which transport disabled people.
How long will it take?
If you are eligible for a badge; have submitted an application and provided the required supporting evidence, you can expect to receive a badge within 6-12 weeks of making an application.
Please note the timescale could be longer for cases where determining eligibility is more complex.
Reporting the Misuse of a Blue Badge
If you suspect that a person is mis-using a blue badge you should contact the Blue Badge team with details of the badge number and the person using the badge.