Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA) 2018
The SHLAA is a technical document identifying land that might have potential for housing at some stage in the future. It forms a key component of the evidence base underpinning housing policies and land allocations and will help the Local Plan to meet the area’s housing needs.
The SHLAA assesses the development potential of land that could be capable of delivering homes though an assessment of suitability, availability and achievability. It then indicates when it may come forward for development.
More detail on the method used to carry out the assessment, along with the findings of the SHLAA can be found in the main report and the appendices:
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA) as at 1 April 2018
- Appendix 1 SHLAA Schedule of Sites
- Appendix 2 Borough Map of Housing Land Supply
- Appendix 3a Potential Sites Ward Maps
- Appendix 3b Potential Site Assessment Tables
- Appendix 4 SHLAA Discounted Sites
- Appendix 5 Update on 2012 SHLAA sites
An online map showing the sites identified in the SHLAA is available to view:
The base date of the latest SHLAA is the 1 of April 2018.
Call for Sites - submitting additional sites
If you want to suggest additional sites you are requested to do so using the online form.
Please note that sites suggested will not appear in the formal SHLAA document until such time as it is updated.
Suggested sites will, however, be put on the SHLAA database and be considered as part of future SHLAA reviews.