The grey squirrel has a silver-grey coat, with a brownish face and feet, and pale underside. It has a characteristically bushy tail.
Signs that you have an infestation
- Droppings – Often found in loft spaces. Squirrel droppings are larger and more rounded than a rats.
- Sounds - Squirrels who nest inside buildings are usually noisy.
- Sighting - They go outside their nest on a frequent basis to feed so you may see a squirrel entering or leaving an opening on your roof.
- Damage - You may also notice gnaw damage.
Problems caused by squirrels
- Noise – grey squirrels occupying a loft space make can make a lot of noise. They will continuously run around the loft space in search for nesting materials.
- Damage – squirrels are very strong, have sharp teeth and sharp claws. They can even chew through soft metals and hard wood and many other materials used in lofts and on roofing. Fascia boards, tiles, insulation materials and joists are often damaged by squirrel activity.
Squirrels are particularly stubborn when it comes to their dwellings and will be difficult to get rid of without professional help. Our treatment involves up to 3 visits over a 4 week period.
Any additional visits are charged at £30.
Cost - £110
If you book a treatment, there are things that you need to do before and after the visit. It is very important that you follow these instructions to ensure that the treatment is successful.