The black or garden ant is the most common ant in Britain. The worker ant is very dark brown, almost black, and about 5mm long.
Signs that you have an infestation
- Live ants - if you’re seeing large numbers of live insects then you may well have a problem, particularly you find ants in your kitchen or in areas where you prepare food
- Ant pathways - in and out of your home or premises are another sign
- Ants nest - a nest site can look like a small pile of soil or dirt.
Problems caused by ants
- While ants are not known to carry any diseases, they still spread bacteria, unhygienic matter and allergens in your property.
- They can also cause damage to phone, electricity and computer cables in your home.
- Ant bites are often painful, especially for young kids and babies.
Ants are very difficult to get rid of without professional help. Depending on the severity of the infestation, more than one treatment may be required.
Request a visit
To request a visit please phone:
- 0161 770 2244
We will contact you by phone prior to any visit.