Report an accident
By law the reporting of work related accidents, diseases and dangerous occurrences have to be reported to Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
- death or major injuries to an employee or self-employed person working on your premises
- death or hospitalisation of a member of the public
- disease suffered by an employee that is related to work activities
- dangerous occurrence that does not result in a reportable injury but which clearly could have done
- over seven day injury (not counting the day on which it happened) to an employee or self-employed person working on your premises. The report must be made within 15 days of the accident.
- certain gas incidents
All incidents can be reported online but a HSE telephone service remains for reporting fatal and specified injuries only. Call the Incident Contact Centre on 0845 300 9923.
Incidents should only be reported directly to the council if there has been a fatality, severe major injury or several people have been injured at the same time.