Report an accident or illness
In law, you must report certain workplace injuries, near-misses and cases of work-related disease to the HSE. This duty is under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations, known as RIDDOR.
The HSE website explains what must be reported and how to make a report.
Reporting a workplace concern
Before reporting, please check and make sure we are the the correct enforcing authority.
- You can check here - HSE web page
If you want to tell us about a health and safety issue in a workplace you can get in touch with us at:
Environmental Health Team
T: 0161 770 2244
Please include your name, your phone number, and your email address. We need this information to:
- find out if we are speaking to the right person
- contact you for further information if it is needed
- let you know if we are not responsible for the issue
- let you know if no action needs to be taken
- let you know if action is taken
If you do not give us your phone number or email address, and there is not enough information in the report, we may not be able to do anything about your concern.