Do you need to apply for approval?
Whether you need to apply for approval depends on what kind of work you are doing to the staircase.
- Completely replacing a staircase so that it is exactly the same as what was there before, is considered a repair, so does not require approval.
- Installing a new staircase does require approval.
- Installing a staircase that is similar to what was there before, does require approval.
Installing a new staircase or relocating an existing staircase requires building regulations approval.
Staircases are charged as an alteration.
- Charges: Domestic Alterations (Replacement Windows, Electrics, Re-Roofing etc)
- Charges: Non-Domestic Alterations
Non-domestic work must use the following form:
Please contact the Building Control Helpline and the Team will be able to provide you with a fee quote
- 0161 770 4122